While there are several types of Internet Business Models to choose from to start, I would like to share with you some important gem information on how to start and run your online business as a reseller.
Before we go any further, let us discuss whether this business is for you or not.
This type of online business is for you if:
- You do not have your own product.
- You do not have what it takes to create a product from scratch as it demands a degree of talent, skill and expertise in any field.
- You just do not want to create your own product or simply do not have the time for it! You will do well to consider this type of online business if you match one or more of the above statements. Now are you ready to find out how you can start your own resell rights business? If yes, then that is awesome. Read on! What Is This Business Model All About? Generally, you sell product(s) with resell rights and keep 100% of the profit. On top of that, the
products you sold have affiliate links that can create back-end profits for you thus making residual income with no effort on your part. What Is A Reseller?
A reseller buys a product, sells it and keeps 100% of the profits to him or herself. This is in contrary to being an affiliate whereby an affiliate sells other people’s products for a commission.
What Are Resell Rights?
Resell rights allow one to resell the product and keep 100% of the profits with which without it, one is prohibited from selling the product to another person.
What Do I Need?
To start your online resell rights business, you will need to have a high-quality product with resell rights that can be customized. The product can be in the form of an E-book, software or even templates.
The first thing you should do is look for a product with resell rights to sell to your customers. When looking for one, you will want to take the following factors into consideration:
- Resell rights – the product must have resell rights in order for you to sell and keep 100% of the profits. If the product has no resell rights, you cannot use it for your reselling purpose.
- High in quality – a poor quality product will hardly make you any sale let alone back-end profits.
- Demand – are people seeking for information or solutions found in that product you are prospecting?
- Good sales letter and follow-up e-mails – if the principal’s sales letter and follow-up e- mails do not persuade you to purchase his or her product then it is palpable that the result will be poor for you too as a reseller as you will also be using the principal’s sales letter.
- Rareoruncommon–itpaystodoalotof research when starting your resell rights business. You must find out if the product is not over-saturated in the net market. If it is then your chances of selling the product are slim.
- Credibility and reputation – is the author a respected person? You can easily conduct a background check by typing his or her name in search engines and see the results.
- Back-end profits – find out how you can earn residual income without much effort on your part in the long run.
- Money-back guarantee – while I can actually omit this factor for it goes without saying most of the time, this is what you should look out for. High-quality products usually have 90- day money back guarantee. In case you discovered that the product is not for you or fail to make any sale in the first 90 days, you still have a chance to get your investment refunded.
Here are some useful advices to keep in mind from my experience:
So, Where Are The Best Places To Source For Them?
Sourcing for the latest high-quality products with resell rights means doing some home work on your part. The best places to look for are:
- One-page Websites selling the latest product – you will want to pick the latest and hot product that there is a huge demand for, preferably not too old (1-2 years old).
- Active membership web sites dealing in giving products with resell rights – there are membership web sites that provide E-books and software with resell rights on a regular basis. You would know if the membership website contains the latest hot products by checking whether the webmaster sources for them often or not.
- NOTE: If you want to get the resell rights to some great products check out the reviews on my youtube channel, here is one such example of a PLR product you could run with right now!
- profitable products with killer sales letters and graphics all at once. Just go to my youtube video here which explains everything – then click the link in the description below the video to grab you PLR bargain!
- So now I am going to assume that you have already picked a high-quality product with resell rights that you can customize it for back-end profits. This simply means purchasing the product yourself first. You will then work your business plan to cover your initial investment and later profit from it.
The moment you get your hands on the product, what do you do? Read it! Use it!
Remember I said that they are called products and not parcels? Sure, you do, if you have been reading up until now.
I expect that since you are having a product with resell rights, it should also come with resell materials.
Resell materials usually include:
- Web pages – Killer Sales Letter, Purchase Page, Thank You Page
- Images – your product (most important!), and miscellaneous
- Auto Responder letters – the e-mail follow ups you use for customers who opt into your follow- up mailing list. Since most of the job of selling the product and convincing your prospects is going to be done by your sales letter, you play your role very similar to a referrer or affiliate. Using ingenious concepts, you refer targeted prospects to your sales letter and if it is a good and persuasive sales letter, it can produce a conversion rate of 1 to 3%, hopefully more! Marketing Your Product With all the technical issues taken care of, your web site ready and your product available for sale,
you will need to promote your web site together with the product you are selling.
Here are some effective ways you can practice for good results in your sales and back-end profits especially for this particular Internet Business Model:
• Create an Affiliate Income Opportunity – you can open an income opportunity to people who are interested in making money without having to create a product of their own through affiliate programs and directories. So long as you provide them a hefty commission of 50% to 75%, they would not mind selling on your behalf.
• You can establish a Joint Venture with E-zine Publishers as long as you provide them a chance to earn a percentage of your sales, say. 50 – 75%.
• You can comb the Internet for quality prospects. Membership web site owners and webmasters of your niche product are good targets. Send them a personal e-mail and get them to be interested in reviewing your product via the sales letter.
They will purchase your product for their own use or resell it and keep all the profits to themselves. What you are looking for is someone with great marketing power. As long as you have created a good back-end profit in the product, you will earn residual income more effectively by leveraging on other people’s marketing power.
This method is one of my favorites as most resellers actually do not bother to do the STP method – See Ten People a day.
- You can create a free report or E-book for viral marketing purposes and circulate it in your network. This is yet my other favorite. In the report or E-book, you provide free but useful information on a subject having to do with the product you are selling. Just be sure that it is not really a cloaked sales letter altogether. This will in turn, lead targeted prospects to your sales letter thus increasing your chances of making sales.
- Write articles having to do with the product you are selling. While you are not to write cloaked sales letters and submit them to article directories, giving free and beneficial information in your articles to people who are searching for it gives you credibility as you prove your worth. Again, this can result in targeted leads to your website and sales letter through your web site link in your resource box.
- Announce and promote the product in your mailing list. The bigger and higher quality your subscriber list is, the more sales you can make.
- Create a website that channels to your product’s sales letter – create web pages with content related to the product you are selling. The more relevant your web site is to your product, the more targeted your prospects are when you channel them to your sales letter through links and banner ads. This will improve your conversion rate as well. While there are certainly more ways you can do to promote your website and drive targeted leads into your sales letter for good conversion rate of sales
(let us not forget the back-end profits your product can also create!), most of these marketing plans can be followed easily with little to no cost on your part.
Be aware that the reseller business is pretty tough competition. You already win half the battle just by having the latest hot product to start with, more advantage if the product is not saturated yet.
There you have it – what you need to start your very own resell rights business!